UK has always been the hub of music events and there are specifically ten music events that have taken the UK to a position of global leadership in the context of arranging musical programmes and music events. UK has been the temple of music where worshippers are always ready to embrace change and whatever is new. The following are the top ten musical festivals that take place in the United Kingdom:
1. With headliners like the Specials, M.I.A., Cypress Hill, etc. the Boomtown music festival, Winchester, is known for its vibrancy, theatrical representation, and fantastic projections. The Boomtown Fair is a hub of diverse and non-commercialized musical movements that are deeply rooted. Constituted with folk songs, drum and bass, etc, the concerned music festival is a means of enjoyment.
2. With headliners like Two Door Cinema Club, Jamiroqual, alt-J, Andy C, the Boardmasters, Fistral Beach and Watergate Bay music festival has earned its reputation over the years. The Boardmasters mixes the best borders in the world including surfers or skaters with BMX kings and soundtrack actions that encompass dance dons, folk stars, and pop favourites.
3. Download Festival, Donington Park, Derby is also among the best known music festivals of UK. With headliners like System of a Down, Biffy Clyro, Aerosmith, etc. the music festival has earned global prestige and reputation for being the hub of hard rock and heavy metal rock. Encompassing big names from the 70s till date, the music festival has gained worldwide recognition over the years.
4. Glastonbury Festival, Pilton, Somerset with headliners Radiohead, Foo Fighers, Ed Sheeran etc is one of the UK’s oldest music festivals. But still now it has sustained its reputation and popularity. With a set of massive artists the music festival has made its own name in the list of the most famous music festivals across the United Kingdom. With all its musical events and other attractions, Glastonbury Festival is one of its own kind.
5. The Great Escape, Brighton, Sussex is one of the most popular music events of the United Kingdom. It is a seaside holiday with music bonanza and with a different taste. The sounds of breaking bands mix with the beachside waves creating a musical atmosphere which is unchallengeable and explicit.
6. Green Man Festival, Brecon Beacons, Wales is yet another reputed and popular musical event of the United Kingdom. With headliners like P.J. Harvey, Ryan Adams, Future Islands etc, Green Man Festival takes in the might of the UK’s landscape with its backdrop of Brecon Beacons’ Black Mountains in Wales. The abode of folk music, and with almost 1,500 performers, the music festival has a charm of its own.
7. Isle of Wight Festival is also renowned for its popularity among music lovers. It is famous exclusively for its legendary headliners including Fleetwood Mac, The Stone Roses, Bruce Springsteen, etc. It must also be noted that the concerned music festival has a historical lineage. Having its inception about fifty years earlier, Isle of Wight Festival is now gradually growing in strength and more popularity on a global basis. The music festival continues to pull in the world’s biggest guitar slingers and the hottest craftsman and woman from both pop and electronic genres.
8. Latitude Festival, Henham Park, Southworld has taken over the idyllic English countryside and it has earned its reputation of being more than just a music festival. It is the abode of many events including musical events and all the events have their own charm and beauty that have the potential to attract audiences of all kind and demography.
9. Lovebox, Victoria Park, London with headliners like Frank Ocean, Chase & Status, Jamie xx, Jess Glynne, the music even has the potential to draw the attention of UK’s London’s beat lovers. In the party created by Groove Armada, London’s beat lovers, freaks and hipsters convene for an annual get together. The music festival is a colourful mix of dance dons, rock gods, vintage markets, bespoke bars and fairground tides. A carousel of creativity, Lovebox music festival has earned its own reputation in a unique manner in a popular way.
10. T in the Park, Strathallan Castle, Perthshire, Scotland with headliners like Kasabian, Avicil, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds is Scotland’s biggest music festival. With a bigger reputation than William Wallace, T in the Park is a renowned musical festival in the United Kingdom. One must take into account the fact that the performances are historical and they all carry legacies that are not to be forgotten for a long while. An amalgamation of rock, pop and dance the concerned music festival has been considered a gem among the music festivals that are held in the United Kingdom. Quite interestingly T in the Park is often considered the rite of passage for young Scots and a ritual for older ones.